Psychoacoustics and Experimental Audiology
Tel: +43 1 51581-2521
2017: M.Sc. in Psychology at the University of Vienna (program: “Mind and Brain”)
2016 – 2017: Master’s thesis at the Acoustics Research Institute (“Plasticity of Spatial Processing in Normal Hearing: Reweighting of Binaural Cues”)
2015: B.Sc. in Psychology at the University of Vienna
Maike Klingel studies the plasticity of spatial hearing in the horizontal plane.
Since 2017 she works on her dissertation project “Reweighting of Binaural Cues: Generalizability and Applications in Cochlear Implant Listening” as a member of the Psychoacoustics and Experimental Audiology research group.
The project investigates to what extend the weights of the interaural time and level difference can be changed in normal and electric hearing by an audio-visual training and discusses possible applications.
- Klingel M.; Laback B. (2020) Vision-induced reweighting of binaural localization cues in electric hearing. Proceedings of Forum Acusticum 2020. Lyon Bd. 143 S. 1813.
- Klingel M.; Spišäk O.; Seitz A.; Kopvco N. (2020) Reweighting of binaural localization cues induced by discrimination training. Proceedings of Forum Acusticum 2020, Lyon.
- Ferber M.; Laback B.; Kopco N. (2018) Vision-induced reweighting of binaural localization cues. . Acoustical Society of America (ASA), Bd. 143 S. 1813.
- Laback B.; Srinivasan S.; Lindenbeck M.; Ferber M.; Majdak P. (2018) Towards increasing timing sensitivity in electric hearing. . Acoustical Society of America (ASA), Minneapolis, MN Bd. 143 S. 1785.
- Ferber M. (2017) Pasiticity of Spatial Processing in Normal Hearing: Reweighting of Binaural Cues. . University of Vienna (Faculty of Psychology), .
- Klingel M.; Kopco N.; Laback B. (n.d.)Reweighting of Binaural Localization CuesInduced by Lateralization Training. JARO.