Mathematics and Signal Processing in Acoustics
Tel. +43 1 51581-2538
Google Scholar: Michael Speckbacher
Michael Speckbacher studied mathematics with a minor in physics at the Technical University of Munich where he graduated in September 2013. He first joined the Acoustic Research Institute in April 2013 and stayed till December 2018. At ARI, he worked on his dissertation titled "Reproducing Pairs and Flexible Time-Frequency Representations" (which he finished with distinction) and later continued as a Post-Doc. Subsequently, he spent one year at the Univerité de Bordeaux and half a year at the Catholic University Eichstätt-Ingolstadt. Since September 2020, Michael Speckbacher is back at ARI to finish the research of his FWF Erwin-Schrödinger Post-Doc scholarship.
Michael Speckbacher is currently working on his Erwin-Schrödinger Projekt „LOSSLeSS - The Localization Problem and Sparse Sets: Donoho-Logan's Large Sieve Principle“. There he investigates the question: how well can the energy of a function of a certain type be concentrated on subset of their domain.
Spaces of (poly-)analytic functions
- Speckbacher, M.; Balazs, P. (2020) Frames, their relatives and reproducing kernel Hilbert spaces. J. Phys. A: Math. Theor., Bd. 53, S. 015204.
- Speckbacher, M.; Hrycak, T. (2020) Concentration estimates for bandlimited spherical harmonics expansions viathe large sieve principle. Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications, Bd. 26.
- Speckbacher, M.; Abreu, L. D. (2019) Deterministic guarantees for L1-reconstruction: a large sieve approach with geometric flexibility., IEEE Proceedings SampTA 2019.
- Balazs, P.; Gröchenig, K.; Speckbacher, M. (2019) Kernel Theorems in Coorbit Theory. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society.
- Abreu, L. D.; Speckbacher, M. (2017) A planar large sieve and sparsity of time-frequency representations., Proceedings of the SampTA 2017; Tallinn, S. 283-287.
- Antoine, J.-P.; Speckbacher, M.; Trapani, C. (2017) Reproducing pairs of measurable functions. Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, Bd. 150, S. 81-101.
- Speckbacher, M.; Bayer, D.; Dahlke, S.; Balazs, P. (2017) The $alpha$-modulation transform: admissibility, coorbit theory and frames of compactly supported functions. Monatshefte fÜr Mathematik, Bd. 184, S. 133-169.
- Speckbacher, M.; Balazs, P. (2017) Reproducing pairs and Gabor systems at critical density. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Bd. 455, S. 1072-1087.
- Speckbacher, M. (2017) Reproducing Pairs and Flexible Time-Frequency Representations., Universität Wien.
- Speckbacher, M.; Balazs, P. (2015) Reproducing pairs and the continuous nonstationary Gabor transform on LCA groups. Journal of Physcis A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Bd. 48, S. 395201.
- Speckbacher, M., Balazs, P. (2014) The continuous nonstationary Gabor transform on LCA groups with applications to representations of the affine Weyl-Heisenberg group.
- Speckbacher, M. (2013) Time-Frequency Representation adapted to Perception., Technische Universität München.