Professor and Chair, Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies, University of Zürich
Corresponding Member of the Division of Mathematics and the Natural Sciences abroad since 2018
- Evolutionary research
- Systems biology
- European Molecular Biology Organisation
- Elected Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Gold medal for Paradoxical Life, best Science books of 2009, Independent Publisher Book Awards
- J.S. Nicholas Prize for Best Dissertation in Zoology, Yale University
- Aguilar Rodriguez, J.; Payne., J. A.; Wagner, A. (2017) 1000 empirical adaptive landscapes and their navigability. Nature Ecology and Evolution, Bd. 1 (0045).
- Payne., J. L.; Wagner, A. (2014) The robustness and evolvability of transcription factor binding sites. Science, Bd. 343, S. 875-877.
- Barve, A.; Wagner, A. (2013) A latent capacity for evolutionary innovation through exaptation in metabolic systems. Nature, Bd. 500, S. 203-206.
- Hayden, E. J.; Ferrada, E.; Wagner, A. (2011) Cryptic genetic variation promotes rapid evolutionary adaptation in an RNA enzyme. Nature, Bd. 474, S. 92-95.
- Wagner, Andreas (2008) Robustness and evolvability: A paradox resolved. Proceedings of the Royal Society London B, Bd. 275, S. 91-100.