Corresponding Member of the Division of Mathematics and the Natural Sciences abroad since 1990
- California Institute of Technology
- Mathematics Department, California Institute of Technology
- Mathematical physics
- Complex analysis
- U.S. National Academy of Sciences
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- American Mathematical Society
- American Physical Society
- International Association of Mathematical Physics
- AIP/APS Dannie Heineman Prize for Mathematical Physics
- AMS Steele Prize for Lifetime Achievement
- Henri Poincare Prize, IAMP
- Stampacchia Prize
- Bolyai Prize, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Killip, R.; Simon, B. (2003) Sum rules for Jacobi matrices and their applications to spectral theory. Annals of Mathematics, Bd. 158, S. 253-321.
Simon, B.; Lieb, E. (1977) The Thomas-Fermi theory of atoms, molecules and solids. Advances in Mathematics, Bd. 23, S. 22-116.
Simon, B.; Fröhlich, J.; Spencer, T. (1976) Infrared bounds, phase transitions and continuous symmetry breaking. Communications in Mathematical Physics, Bd. 50, S. 79-85.
Reed, M.; Simon, B. (1972) Methods of Modern Mathematical Physics, Vol. 1.1972 - 4.1979.; San Diego, Calif.: Academic Press.
Simon, B (1983) Holonomy, the quantum adiabatic theorem and Berry's phase,. Physical Review Letters, Bd. 51, 2167-2170..