Corresponding Member of the Division of Mathematics and the Natural Sciences in Austria since 2021
- Department of Medicine II/Cardiology, Medical University of Vienna
- Clinical Medicine
- Human biology
- Molecular biology
- Cell biology
- European Society of Cardiology
- American Thoracic Society
- European Respiratory Society
- World Medical Association-Nomination for “Caring Physician of the World”
- Nomination for “Teacher of the Year” at Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- “Decoration of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria” for scientific achievement
- Doctor honoris causa, Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Macedonia
- State Culture Prize for Medicine
- Frey, MK; Alias, S; Winter, MP; Redwan, B; Stubiger, G et al. [..] Splenectomy is modifying the vascular remodeling of thrombosis. Journal of the American Heart Association (2014;3(1)).
- Mangold, A; Alias, S; Scherz, T; Hofbauer, T; Jakowitsch, J et al. [..] Coronary Neutrophil Extracellular Trap Burden and Deoxyribonuclease Activity in ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome Are Predictors of ST-Segment Resolution and Infarct Size. Circulation Research (116(7)), S. 1182-92.
- Sadushi-Kolici, R; Jansa, P; Kopec, G; Torbicki, A; Skoro-Sajer, N et al. [..] Subcutaneous Treprostinil for the Treatment of Severe Non-operable Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension: A Randomized Clinical Trial (CTREPH). Lancet Respir Med (7(3)), S. 239-248.
- Gerges, C; Gerges, M; Friewald, R; Fesler, P; Dorfmüller, P et al. [..] Microvascular Disease in Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension: Hemodynamic Phenotyping and Histomorphometric Assessment. Circulation, Bd. 141 (141), S. 376-386.
- Sharma, S; Hofbauer, TM; Ondracek, AS; Chausheva, S; Alimohammadi, A et al. [..] Neutrophil extracellular traps promote fibrous vascular occlusions in chronic thrombosis. Blood, Bd. 137(8), S. 1104-1116.