Corresponding Member of the Division of Mathematics and the Natural Sciences abroad since 2005
- Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris
- University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Climate change
- Time series analysis
- Nichtlineare u. komplexe Systeme
- Ungarische Akademie der Wissenschaften
- Academia Europaea
- Fellow of the American Geophysical Union
- Honorary Member of the Royal Astronomical Society, London
- Fellow of the American Meteorological Society
- Romanian Academy of Technical Sciences
- Alfred Wegener Medal & Honorary Membership of the European Geosciences Union
- Lorenz Lecture of the American Geophysical Union
- Lewis Fry Richardson Medal of the European Geosciences Union
- NSF Special Creativity Awards
- Guggenheim Fellowship
Ghil, M., 2020: Review article: Hilbert problems for the climate sciences in the 21st century – 20 years later, Nonlin. Processes Geophys., 27, 429–451, https://doi.org/10.5194/npg-27-429-2020.
Ghil, M., and V. Lucarini, 2020: The physics of climate variability and climate change, Rev. Mod. Phys., 92(3), 035002, doi: 10.1103/RevModPhys.92.035002.
Ghil, M., 2019: A century of nonlinearity in the geosciences, Earth & Space Science, 6, 1007–1042, doi: 10.1029/2019EA000599.
Ghil, M., and R. Vautard, 1991: Interdecadal oscillations and the warming trend in global temperature time series, Nature, 350, 324–327.
Ghil, M., and S. Childress, 1987: Topics in Geophysical Fluid Dynamics: Atmospheric Dynamics, Dynamo Theory and Climate Dynamics, Springer Science & Business Media; reissued as an eBook by Springer in 2012, xv + 485 pp, doi:10.1007/978-1-4612-1052-8, ISBN 978-0-387-96475-l, ISBN 978-1-4612-1052-8 (eBook).