Marjolein D. Bosch
RG »Prehistoric Identities«
Telephone: +43 1 51581-6117
Location: Dominikanerbastei 16 | 1010 Vienna
Palaeolithic zooarchaeologist focussing on organic technology and subsistence behaviours of past hunter-gatherers. Currently a Seal of Excellence Fellowship post-doc leading her TechnoBeads Project within the framework of the Prehistoric Identities research group. After obtaining a PhD at Leiden University (NL) and the Max-Planck-Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology (Leipzig, Germany) in 2018, Marjolein Bosch has held post-doc positions at the University of Cambridge, UK and the OeAI, Vienna working on personal ornaments in Early Upper Palaeolithic contexts as well as (burned) fauna from Late Bronze Age burial contexts.
- »Unlocking the secrets of cremated human remains: temporality, gendered mobility and family relations in Late Bronze Age Austria«
- TechnoBeads: Organic technology: Palaeolithic tools, beads and art; their uses in life and death
- EU-Beads: Early Upper Palaeolithic personal ornaments and behavioural adaptations
- TransEvol: Early to Middle Pleistocene Transition: Evolution and diversity of African hominin populations
- Palaeolithic human life-ways and human adaptations to changing climatic conditions
- Palaeolithic Archaeology worldwide
- Past subsistence strategies
- Organic Technology
- Archaeometry: Stable Isotopes, micro-CT, Raman Spectroscopy
Journal Publication (3)
Waltenberger, L.; Bosch, M.D.; Fritzl, M.; Gahleitner, A.; Kurzmann, C. et al. [..] (online: 2023) More than urns: A multi-method pipeline for analyzing cremation burials. PLoS ONE, Bd. 18, S. 1-27.
Bosch, M.D.; Buck, L. T.; Strauss, A. (online: 2023) Perforations in Columbellidae shells: Using 3D models to differentiate anthropogenic piercing from natural perforations. Journal of Archaeological Science, Bd. Reports 49, S. 1-12.
Mounier, A.; Manthi, F. K.; Achyuthan, H.; Bahain, J.-J.; Bosch, M. et al. [..] (2022) The Trans-Evol project: filling gaps in hominin evolution at the Early to Middle Pleistocene Transition. BMSAP, Bd. 34, S. 1-3 <'https://journals.openedition.org/bmsap/9099'>.