- Mehdi Makhul has been granted the FWF Schrödinger grant Algebraic Applications in Combinatorial Geometry. He will spend the first two years at the London School of Economics & Political Science. The return phase of one year will be spent at RICAM (Applied Discrete Mathematics).
- Laszlo Merai was selected as a member of the Editorial Board of Designs, Codes and Cryptography.
- Oliver Roche-Newton will be awarded the Prize (Förderungspreis) of the Austrian Mathematical Society (ÖMG) 2022.
- Sumaia Saad-Eddin has been granted the FWF stand-alone project "Analytical properties of zeta- and L-functions".
- László Mérai has been granted the project "Additive number theory in positive characteristic" funded by the NRDI (National Research Development and Innovation Office, Hungary) young researcher excellence programme.
- 7th International Conference on Uniform Distribution Theory
- Arne Winterhof was selected for the review panel of the Academy of Finland for the September calls 2020 and 2021.
- Wilfried Meidl was selected as a member of the Editorial Board of the Turkish Journal of Mathematics.
- Alexander Bors accepted an offer for a position at Carleton University Ottawa.
- Arne Winterhof was selected as a member of the Editorial Board of Cryptography and Communications: Discrete Structures, Boolean Functions and Sequence (CCDS).
- Arne Winterhof was selected as a member of the Editorial Board of Advances in Mathematics of Communications
- Zibi Xiao got a Scholarship of the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) for a one year stay at RICAM starting in September.
- Arne Winterhof was selected as a member of the Editorial Board for the Turkish Journal of Mathematics
- Alexander Bors started the return phase spent at RICAM (Applied Discrete Mathematics) of his FWF Schrödinger grant "Affine Mappings on Finite Groups". He spent the first two years at the University of Western Australia.
- Special semester on Multivariate Algorithms and their Foundations in Number Theory including a Workshop on Pseudo-Randomness and Finite Fields
- Nurdagül Anbar-Meidl accepted an offer for an Assistant Professorship at Sabanci University Istanbul
- Postdoctoral lecture qualification (Habilitation) of László Mérai, Eötvös Loránd University Budapest
- Start of FWF project ‘Bent Functions and Generalizations and APN Functions’ led by Wilfried Meidl.
- Laszlo Merai has been granted the FWF stand-alone project ‘Pseudorandomness and Cryptography: Number Theoretic Methods’.
- Wilfried Meidl won the best paper award of WAIFI 2018 for his paper with Thor Martinsen, Alexander Pott and Pantelimon Stanica entitled “On symmetry and differential properties of generalized Boolean functions”.
- Start of FWF project Additive Combinatorics over Finite Fields and Applications led by Arne Winterhof (co-PI: Oliver Roche-Newton)
- Zhimin Sun started a Scholarship of the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC)
- Wilfried Meidl substituted a professorship at Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- Arne Winterhof declined an offer for a W3 Professorship at the University of Rostock
- Book on Applied Number Theory by Harald Niederreiter and Arne Winterhof
- Oliver Roche-Newton accepted an Associate Professorship at Wuhan University
- Start of FWF project Functions with Special Walsh Transforms led by Wilfried Meidl
- Start of FWF project On the Hierarchy of Measures of Pseudorandomness led by Arne Winterhof which is part of the SFB Quasi-Monte Carlo Methods
- Workshop on the occasion of Harald Niederreiter's 70th birthday: Applications of Algebra and Number Theory
- Harald Niederreiter became honorary doctor of the Johannes Kepler University Linz
- Book Applied Algebra and Number Theory edited by Gerhard Larcher, Friedrich Pillichshammer, Arne Winterhof, and Chaoping Xing
- Book Sequences and Their Applications - SETA 2014 edited by Kai-Uwe Schmidt and Arne Winterhof
- Volker Ziegler started an assistant professorship (tenure) at University of Salzburg
- Oguz Yayla started an assistant professorship (tenure) at Hacettepe University Ankara
- Book Algebraic Curves and Finite Fields edited by Harald Niederreiter, Alina Ostafe, Daniel Panario, and Arne Winterhof
- Book Uniform Distribution and Quasi-Monte Carlo Methods edited by Peter Kritzer, Harald Niederreiter, Friedrich Pillichshammer, and Arne Winterhof
- Special Semester on Applications of Algebra and Number Theory
- Start of FWF project Diophantine equations, arithmetic progressions and their applications led by Volker Ziegler
- Harald Niederreiter became Fellows of the American Mathematical Society
- Start of TÜBITAK grant Hadamard Matrices and Applications
- Book Finite Fields and Their Applications: Character Sums and Polynomials edited by Pascale Charpin, Alexander Pott, and Arne Winterhof