Johann Radon Institute (RICAM)
Altenberger Straße 69
Tel +43 732 2468 5222
Fax +43 732 2468 5212
How you can reach RICAM
RICAM is located at the ”Science Park“ (Building 2, 4th floor) on the University Campus of Johannes Kepler Universität Linz.
The University Campus is right next to the ”Dornach“ exit of the A7 - Mühlkreisautobahn, with Passau, Salzburg and Vienna all being roughly a 1:30 hour's drive away.
Parking rate at the campus: € 1,00 per half hour
Linz is a railway hub with Intercity lines connecting it to Vienna, Salzburg/Munich, Passau/Nürnberg and Prague. To get to Linz by train have a look at the Homepage of ÖBB.
From the railway station, you can use
- a taxi (some 15 minutes, some 20 Euro)
- a non-stop speed bus (only in the early morning)
- public transport:
- purchase MIDI ticket from ticket machine at tram stop in front of railway station (2,20 Euro);
- take the tram line 1 or 2 (direction ”Universität“);
- get off at ”Endhaltestelle Universität“
- from there, it is a 1 minute walk to our department.
To get to Linz by plane have a look at the Homepage of Blue Danube Airport (Flughafen Linz). Except for a few times per day, there is no decent connection between the airport Linz-Hörsching and the city or university at the moment. Taxis (45 Euro and more) and rental cars are available.