The University Campus is right next to the ”Dornach“ exit of the A7 - Mühlkreisautobahn, with Passau, Salzburg and Vienna all being roughly a 1:30 hour's drive away.
Parking rate at the campus: € 1,00 per half hour
Linz is a railway hub with Intercity lines connecting it to Vienna, Salzburg/Munich, Passau/Nürnberg and Prague. To get to Linz by train have a look at the Homepage of ÖBB.
From the railway station, you can use
- a taxi (some 15 minutes, some 20 Euro)
- a non-stop speed bus (only in the early morning)
- public transport:
- purchase MIDI ticket from ticket machine at tram stop in front of railway station (2,20 Euro);
- take the tram line 1 or 2 (direction ”Universität“);
- get off at ”Endhaltestelle Universität“
- from there, it is a 1 minute walk to our department.
To get to Linz by plane have a look at the Homepage of Blue Danube Airport (Flughafen Linz). Except for a few times per day, there is no decent connection between the airport Linz-Hörsching and the city or university at the moment. Taxis (45 Euro and more) and rental cars are available.