Dr. Swarts joined the GMI in January 2019. Previously she was a postdoc in the lab of Dr. Hernan Burbano at the Max-Planck Institute for Developmental Biology in Germany.
- B.S. in Biology and Anthropology: University of Michigan, USA, 2005
- M.A. in Anthropology: Northern Arizona University, USA, 2008
- PhD in Plant Genetics: Cornell University, USA, 2016
- Graduate Student Researcher, Cornell University, USA, 2011-2016
Advisor: Edward Buckler
- Volunteer: University of Arizona, USA, 2010-2011
Advisor: Vicki Chandler
- Archaeological Supervisor: Cultural Resource Management, Southwest US, 2008-2010
- Crow Canyon Environmental Archaeology Intern, USA, 2008
Advisor: Karen Adams
- Archaeologist (GIS Specialist): Peaks Ranger District, Coconino National Forest, USA 2007-2008
- Archaeologist: Cultural Resource Management, Southwest US, 2005-2006
AWARDS & FELLOWSHIPS
- History Colorado State Historical Fund Grant #2019-M2-001, 2018
- National Science Foundation Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Biology - Interdisciplinary Research Using Biological Collections #1612158, 2016.
- Environmental Archaeology Internship (under Dr. Karen Adams), competitive, paid internship at Crow Canyon Archaeological Center, 2008.
- Carleton T. Hodge Award for Academic Excellence in Anthropology, Northern Arizona University, 2007.
- Clements Award, Scholarship for participation in the Fort Burgwin Archaeological Fieldschool, 2005.
Here is a list of all of Dr. Swarts' publications