Silvia Ramundo joined the GMI in October 2021 following a postdoctoral and a research specialist position in Prof. Peter Walter's research group at the University of California, San Francisco, United States of America.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology – University of Geneva, Switzerland, 2006-2012
- BS/MS in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology – University of Bologna, Italy, 2000-2005
- HHMI Research Specialist, University of California, San Francisco, USA, 2018-2021
- EMBO and SNF Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, San Francisco, USA, 2013-2018
- Doctoral researcher, University of Geneva, Switzerland, 2006-2012
Advisor: Prof. Jean-David Rochaix
- Undergraduate research, The Salk Institute, San Diego, USA, 2006
Advisor: Prof. James Umen
- Undergraduate research, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona, Spain, 2004-2005
Advisors: Dr. Josep Vilardell & Prof. Juan Valcarcel
Awards & Fellowships
- 2018 Howard Hughes Medical Institute "Grant Call for Lab Equipment"
- 2017 ASCB, Early Career Meeting Grants, "Bay Area Meeting on Organelle Biology"
- 2017 Award for the Best Postdoc Talk, 26th Western Photosynthesis Conference, USA
- 2016 Swiss National Science Foundation Advanced Postdoc Mobility Fellowship
- 2014 Swiss National Science Foundation Early Postdoc Mobility Fellowship
- 2013 European Molecular Biology Organization Long-Term Fellowship
- 2012 Epstein Prize, Department of Molecular Biology -University of Geneva, Switzerland
- 2011 Wood-Whelan Research Fellowship, International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 2011 Travel Award, 76th Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Symposium, New York, USA
- 2008 Travel Award, 10th European Molecular Biology Laboratory International Ph.D. Student Symposium, Heidelberg, Germany
- 2005 Research Fellowship, Center for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona, Spain
- 2004 European Scholarship, Leonardo Da Vinci, EU
Here is a list of all of Dr. Ramundo's publications.