EPS Historic Site “Institut für Radiumforschung”
The European Physical Society (EPS) commemorates places of ground-breaking research in physics with the "Historic Sites" Award. On 28 May the former Institut für Radiumforschung, founded in 1910 and today home of the Stefan Meyer Institute and the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Vienna of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, will be declared as "Historic Site". Besides the unveiling of the commemorative plaque in presence of top-ranking scientists Prof. G. Gabrielse will give a celebrating speech on the field of precision experiments in subatomic physics.
More information: https://indico.smi.oeaw.ac.at/event/103/
See also "Ein Gedächtnisort der Physik".