On the 29th of October 2004 the former Institute for Medium Energy Physics was renamed to Stefan Meyer Institute in a ceremonial event.
- Jean-Pierre Blaser, cooperation of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and the Swiss Institute for Nuclear Research
- Sergio Bertolucci, Kaon Physics at Laboratori Nazionale di Frascati (LNF)
(Sergio Bertolucci was unable to be present. His presetation was given on his behalf by Carlo Guaraldo)
- Carlo Guaraldo, The DEAR-SIDDHARTA Project at Laboratori Nazionale di Frascati (LNF)
- Sydney Gales, The FAIR-Project at GSI-Darmstadt - A European Perspective
- Volker Metag, Perspectives of Hadron Physics at FAIR
- Paul Kienle, Our fields of research