The US Graphic Novel / / Paul Williams.
Provides a history of US graphic novels from the 1910s to the presentEmphasises the relationship between comics and other mediaExplains the role that fans, reviewers and critics have played in constructing the concept of a comic that is also a novelSubstantively covers the pre-1980s history of the g...
|Superior document:||Title is part of eBook package: De Gruyter Edinburgh University Press Complete eBook-Package 2022|
|Place / Publishing House:||Edinburgh : : Edinburgh University Press, ,  |
|Year of Publication:||2022|
|Series:||Critical Insights in American Studies
|Physical Description:||1 online resource (256 p.) :; 17 B/W illustrations 6 colour illustrations 17 black and white & 6 colour illustrations|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Series Editors’ Preface
- 1. Precursors and Woodcut Novels: 14 September 1842 to the 1930s
- 2. Comics, Comics Everywhere at Mid-century
- 3. In Search of Adult Comics Readers: 1961–72
- 4. Declaration of Independents: 1973–9
- 5. ‘The Comic Book Grows Up’: 1979–91
- 6. Boom and Bust, Mainstream and Alternative: The 1990s
- 7. Twenty-first-century Graphic Novels