The goal of this project was to involve Europe's citizens in shaping a sustainable as well as desirable future. Citizens of 30 countries delivered a unique contribution to shaping the European Union’s research and innovation agenda.
CIMULACT stands for 'Citizen and Multi-Actor Consultation on Horizon 2020'. The project engaged more then a thousand citizens in 30 countries in Europe, along with a variety of other actors, in shaping a desirable, sustainable future. In a highly participatory process, the project provided a unique contribution to European research and innovation policies and topics, created dialogue and shared understanding among the actors, and built strong capacities in citizen engagement, thereby enhancing responsible research and innovation (RRI) in the EU.
In short, CIMLUACT has..
- ..involved citizens in the actual formulation of the EU research and innovation agendas.
- ..provided a concrete and unique input to the identification of the future European research agenda by eliciting concerns about, wishes for and visions of desirable sustainable futures from 1000 citizens in 30 countries in Europe.
- ..made the European research and innovation agenda relevant and accountable to society by engaging citizens, stakeholders and experts in co-creating research agendas based on real, validated and shared visions, needs and demands.
- ..contributed to responsible research and innovation (RRI) in the EU by promoting the engagement and inclusion of the public in the identification of desirable sustainable futures.
- ..set a new standard for public participation through the development, testing, training and assessment of methods for citizen and stakeholder engagement.
- ..made building the future more accessible. It is no longer only a question discussed by policy makers and experts; it is a wider public conversation for a greater democracy.