Sridhar Srinivasan studied Electronics and Communication Engineering at Bharathiar University, India, where he obtained his B.E degree in Spring 2004. He then earned an M.S. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida, USA in Summer 2006, with a specialization in digital signal and image processing. In Spring 2011, he obtained a second M.S. degree in Psychology with a specialization in Behavioral and Cognitive Neuroscience, at the University of Florida (Thesis: Transient synchrony among motor cortical neuronal ensembles during olfactory stimulus anticipation in a go/nogo task). He earned his Ph.D. degree in Psychology subsequently in Summer 2014 at the University of Florida (Dissertation: Selective attention modulates peripheral auditory function)
Sridhar joined the Psychoacoustics and Experimental Audiology Group in February 2015 as a post-doc in the project "Bilateral Cochlear Implants: Physiology and Psychophysics". The project combines binaural physiology, performed at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (MEEI) in Boston, USA and binaural psychophysics, performed at ARI. The goal is to advance bilateral electrical stimulation methods to improve the access to binaural cues such as interaural time differences, in cochlear-implant (CI) listeners.
- Srinivasan, S.; Laback, B.; Majdak, P.; Arnoldner, C. (2020) Improving Interaural Time Difference Sensitivity using Short Inter-pulse Intervals with Amplitude-Modulated Pulse Trains in Bilateral Cochlear Implants. Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology, Bd. 21, S. 105-120.
- Lindenbeck, M.; Laback, B.; Majdak, P.; Srinivasan, S. (2020) Temporal-pitch sensitivity in electric hearing with amplitude modulation and inserted pulses with short inter-pulse intervals. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Bd. 147, S. 777-793.
- Lindenbeck, M.; Majdak, P.; Laback, B. (2019) Binaural processing in a new cochlear-implant stimulation paradigm inserting extra pulses with short inter-pulse intervals. In: Ochmann, M.; Vorlaender, M.; Fels, J. (Hrsg.), Proceedings of the ICA 2019 and EAA Euroregio; Berlin, Germany: German Acoustical Society (DEGA), S. 2202-2209.
- Laback, B.; Srinivasan, S.; Lindenbeck, M.; Ferber, M.; Majdak, P. (2018) Towards increasing timing sensitivity in electric hearing., Bd. 143; Minneapolis, MN: Acoustical Society of America (ASA), S. 1785.
- Srinivasan, S.; Laback, B.; Majdak, P.; Delgutte, B. (2018) Introducing Short Interpulse Intervals in High-Rate Pulse Trains Enhances Binaural Timing Sensitivity in Electric Hearing. Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology, Bd. 19, S. 301-315.
- Srinivasan, S.; Laback, B.; Majdak, P. (2017) Introducing Short Interpluse Intervals Improves Behavioral ITD Sensitivity with Cochlear Implants.
- Srinivasan, S., Laback B., Majdak, P. and Delgutte, B. Introducing Short Interpulse Intervals in High-Rate Pulse Trains Enhances Binaural Timing Sensitivity in Electric Hearing. Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology.