+43 1 4277-29654
Alexander Longin joined the Institute for European Tort Law (ETL) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences as a research assistant in October 2014. Alexander studied Law at the University of Vienna, where he graduated with distinction in 2016 (Mag iur). During his studies, Alexander spent five months in Paris to study at the Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II). Alexander finished his Doctoral Thesis on the subject ‘Recht auf Vertragsanpassung beim Werkvertrag‘ [Modification of contracts for services] under the supervision of Prof Ernst Karner with distinction in September 2020 (Dr iur).
Furthermore, Alexander studied Real Estate Management at the FHWien, where he graduated with distinction in September 2020 (MA). Alexander also finished additional education and certification in the fields of real estate and construction law as well as residential law.
Alexander Longin was awarded the Würdigungspreis of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy in November 2016 and was ranked first of the graduates of his faculty in 2015/16. He was awarded the Heinrich-Klang-Preis in December 2016.
During his studies, Alexander Longin worked for several law firms. Further, he is fluent in English and French. In his free time, Alexander plays in various orchestras as a classical musician and he is a hobby sailor.
Main Areas of Research
- Austrian and European tort law
- Comparative law
- Real estate related private law
- Construction contract law
- Private law
- Anmerkung zu OGH 24.5.2016, 1 Ob 62/16y in EvBl 2017/10, ÖJZ 2017, 77
- Ausschluss negatorischer Beseitigungsansprüche wegen übermäßigen Aufwands (1. Teil), JBl 2017, 420
- Ausschluss negatorischer Beseitigungsansprüche wegen übermäßigen Aufwands (2. Teil), JBl 2017, 493
- Anmerkung zu OGH 25.4.2018, 2 Ob 230/17p in EvBl 2018/153, ÖJZ 2018, 1066
- Vertragsstrafe und Schadenspauschalierung. Jan Sramek Verlag, Wien. 240 Seiten. Gemeinsam mit Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Ernst Karner.
- Anmerkung zu OGH 9 Ob 78/19i, ÖJZ 2020, 832
- Anmerkung zu OGH 1 Ob 10/20g, ÖJZ 2021, 187
- Recht auf Anpassung des Werkvertrag. Jan Sramek Verlag, Wien. 396 Seiten.