Are you our Target Group?
- This postdoc fellowship program is open to researchers of all nationality, gender, race and religion, who come with an outstanding research track record in quantum science and technology, typically shortly after having completed their PhD thesis outside of Austria. We expect you to contribute to the scientific goals of the ESQ teams within our intellectual and research infrastructure. ESQ is open for researchers with research interest and experience in quantum optics, quantum information sciences, quantum technologies and quantum foundations, and quantum related interdisciplinary topics.
- You must fulfil the EU mobility rules, i.e. not have resided or carried out your work, studies, etc. for more than 12 months in Austria in the 3 years immediately preceding the application deadline.
- Fellowships can be awarded to researchers who have been awarded their doctoral degrees by the end of the application deadline (i.e. 31 January 2020) or alternatively are able to prove at least four years of full-time research experience by the time of the application deadline (i.e. 31 January 2020). The fellowships are given based on academic merit, scientific promise and fit to the Austrian research infrastructure.
Where can you do ESQ research?
- Fellows can freely choose among all ESQ research groups that are willing to host them. These groups are working either the the University of Vienna, the Vienna University of Technology, the University of Innsbruck or the Academy Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information in either Vienna or Innsbruck.
Each ESQ PostDoc Fellow receives:
- A fully funded position in line with the applicable University/FWF salary scheme. For 2020, this was 3,889.50 EUR Gross (14 times/year).
- Mobility allowance of EUR 4,800 (paid out at the beginning of their fellowship)
- Travel allowance of EUR 4,800
- Trainings and Secondments allowance of EUR 6,000
- A taxable family allowance will also be paid out monthly if applicable.
Your secondment opportunities
- ESQ fellows can freely choose their secondment either with an academic or an industrial host. Secondments are encouraged and shall last for up to a maximum of three months in total
What we offer in addition / Transferable skills training
- ESQ fellows will have access to an extensive portfolio of courses in support of the continuous development of academic, management, personal, communication and language skills. Respective programmes are offered by ESQ partners and by some Austrian funding agencies.
- The contract is for a fixed period of 2 years.
Who will be funding you?
- This project receives funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 801110 as well as from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 801110.
ESQ has received funding from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF).