Telephone: +43 1 51581-4102
Location: Franz Klein-Gasse 1 | 1190 Vienna
Studied Classical Archaeology with an emphasis on Christian Archaeology, Art History and Evangelical Theology in Vienna, Edinburgh and Rome. 2015 doctorate at the University of Vienna. From 2010–2017 scientific employee at the Institute for Cultural History of Antiquity (ÖAW), from 2018–2020 scientific employee at the University of Bamberg (academic chair in Archaeology of the Roman Provinces). Since 2020 scientific employee at the ÖAI with a research focus on late antique and early Byzantine Ephesos.
- Temenos and Territorium. Economic power and social significance of the Artemision of Ephesos in the Roman Empire
- Resafa. Transcultural Urbanity in the Syrian Desert Steppe
- Late antique and Christian archaeology
- Roman catacomb paintings and early Christian pictorial culture
- Domestic religion in the ancient Mediterranean region
- Late antique urban development and the cult of saints in the Syrian border area
- Ephesos in Late Antiquity and Byzantine time
Journal Publication (1)
Fugger, Verena; Stefec, Rudolf S. (2015) Das illuminierte Typikon des Eugenios-Klosters in Trapezunt. Jahrbuch der österreichischen Byzantinistik, Bd. 64/2014, S. 41-66.