The department of Prehistory and Western Asian/North African Archaeology of the Austrian Archaeological Institute offers the possibility of a traineeship for students of Prehistory and Historical Archaeology.
The goal of this traineeship is to apply the basic knowledge and competencies gained in the study of prehistoric and historical archaeology in an occupational environment. The traineeship furthers professional orientation and networking, conveys a first insight into the scientific professional field, provides familiarity with the daily workload, and makes personal professional expectations more precise. The traineeship is offered over a period of 4 weeks and, according to the actual state of demand of the current projects, can take place all year round. Participation in excavations can also be offered in the case of demonstrable prior knowledge. The traineeship can be offset as a practicum for the course of study of Prehistory and Historical Archaeology at the University of Vienna.
- Interest in participation in a dynamic, international research institute
- Current degree course in Prehistory and Historical Archaeology
- Precise working methods, good knowledge of English
- Very good EDP knowledge
Offer (according to qualifications)
- Working in a pleasant working environment at one of the largest humanistic institutes at the Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Becoming acquainted with the procedures at a research institute
- Becoming acquainted with job-related interaction with research literature, and incorporation into the preparation of scientific lectures and publications
- Experience and application of "state of the art" excavation techniques
Applications with curriculum vitae and short letter of motivation, including main areas of interest and possible time periods for the traineeship, may be continually submitted.