Member of the Young Academy since 2021
- Physics, Astronomy
- Theoretical physics
- Mathematical physics
- Quantum mechanics
- Artificial neural networks
- Statistical physics
- START Prize of the FWF (2020)
- PhD Prize S-AMOP Prize of the German Physical Society (2012)
- Emmy Noether Visiting Fellowship of the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (2016)
- Elise Richter Fellowship of the FWF (2016)
- Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral fellowship (2011)
Describing classical spin Hamiltonians as automata: a new complexity measure, D. Drexel and G. De las Cuevas, arXiv:2006.03529 (2020).
Quantum magic squares: dilations and their limitations, G. De las Cuevas, T. Drescher and T. Netzer, J. Math. Phys. 61, 111704 (2020).
Purifications of multipartite states: limitations and constructive methods, G. De las Cuevas, N. Schuch, D. Perez-Garcia, J. I. Cirac, New J. Phys. 15, 123021 (2013).
Projective simulation for artificial intelligence, H. J.Briegel and G. De las Cuevas, Sci. Rep. 2, 400 (2012).
Simple universal models capture all classical spin physics.G. De las Cuevas, T. S. Cubitt, Science 351, 1180 (2016).