Welcome to the homepage of the Commission for Migration and Integration Research (KMI) at the Austrian Academy of Science.
The KMI is an interdisciplinary platform to encourage exchange and cooperation for researchers working in the fields of migration and integration. The Commission is not an additional research institute in an already heterogenous and fragmented field, rather it should act to link and promote research already being carried out.
- Organises an annual conference on migration and integration research in Austria
- Is responsible for the publication of regular reports on the topics of migration and integration
- Is the contact point for the Austrian Academy of Sciences for the European research network “International Migration, Integration and Social Cohesion” (IMSCOE)
- Organises events such as lectures, workshops and seminars
- Manages a mailing list to distribute relevant information about related events, funding and jobs.