Mag. Dr. Ursula Reeger has been a researcher at the ISR since 1989. She studied geography (spatial research and regional planning) at the University of Vienna and received her PhD in geography in 1999. Her research interests include international migration (European East-West migration, intra-EU mobility, immigration from outside the EU), integration (e. g. on the labour and the housing market), interethnic relations on the local level, attitudes towards migration and their formation, migrant entrepreneurship, urban development and governance of migrant integration. She has published on these subjects in a wide range of academic journals and books. Due to her participation in several large-scale international research project she is well embedded into the European scientific community.
- Migration and urban development
- Governance of migrant integration
- Migrant entrepreneurship
- Attitudes towards migration and integration
- (2019): Refugee Protection in Austria. Vienna.
- (2019): Die Auswirkungen der „Flüchtlingskrise“ des Jahres 2015 in Österreich: Politische Reaktionen und Einschätzungen von ExpertInnen aus der Praxis. In: (2019). Wien.
- (2019): Border Management and Migration Controls in Austria. Global Migration: Consequences and Responses - RESPOND Working Paper Series. Vienna.
- (2017): The commodification of mobile workers in Europe - A comparative perspective on capital and labour in Austria, the Netherlands and Sweden. In: Comparative Migration Studies5: 1-22.
- (2016): Migration from Central and Eastern European EU-member countries to the Vienna urban region: Different types and recent developments. In: Carvill Schellenbacher, J. ; D. (ed.)(2016): Migration und Integration - wissenschaftliche Perspektiven aus Österreich. Vienna: 133-152.