Peter Alexander Rumpolt
Scientific Staff (Prae Doc)
T +43 1 51581 - 3537
Peter Alexander Rumpolt studied theoretical and applied geography at the University of Vienna with a special focus on spatial population research, regional demography and regional development. He successfully completed his studies in 2009 (passing with distinction).
During his studies he was a tutor and teaching assistant, later becoming an associate lecturer (university lecturer since 2009) and university assistant at the Department of Geography and Regional Research, University of Vienna. Peter A. Rumpolt also collaborated with the Universities of Innsbruck und Vienna on various third-party funded joint research projects on protected areas, regional development, spatial perception and regional demography.
Following a period of employment at Statistics Austria (Directorate Social Statistics, Department of Demography, Health, Labour Market) from 2012 to 2016, Peter A. Rumpolt joined the Institute for Urban and Regional Research (ISR) at the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) in autumn 2016 to work on his dissertation project in the context of the interdisciplinary research project APIS.
Additionally Peter A. Rumpolt is part of the editorial team of the journal “Geographie aktuell. Informationen der Österreichischen Geographischen Gesellschaft”.
- Spatial population research, population geography and regional demography
- Migration, spatial mobility and residential multi-locality
- Protected areas, regional development and intercommunal cooperation
- Perception geography and place identity
Memberships and additional functions
- Member of the editorial team of the journal “Geographie aktuell. Informationen der Österreichischen Geographischen Gesellschaft”
- Member of the Austrian Geographical Society (ÖGG)
- Member of the Austrian Association for Applied Geography (ÖVAG)
- Associated member of the international and interdisciplinary “Network Multi-Locality”