Stefanie Döringer studied sociology, spatial research and spatial planning at the University of Vienna, Austria and the University of Oslo, Norway.
During her studies, she was employed at the Institute for Urban and Regional Research (ÖAW) and at the Institute for Geography and Spatial Research at the University of Vienna. After her studies she gained practical experience in spatial planning in working in a variety of spatial planning offices.
Since 2016 she is a pre-doc in the research group Innovation and Urban Economy at the Institute of Urban and Regional Research. Her research is particularly focused on governance, peripheralization and spatial planning.
- Governance and key individuals
- Peripheralization and shrinking areas
- Social innovation
- Dissertation: Governance and key individuals of economic development. Case studies of peripheralized small-sized cities in Austria.
- Regional Specialization in Upper Austria
- Gemeinsam wachsen, gemeinsam handeln? Urban-regional cooperation potentials with regard to inter-municipal focus areas and actor constellations
- Art and prefabricated housing estates