Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin (Postdoc)
T +43 1 51581 - 3532
Elisabeth Gruber completed her undergraduate studies in Geography at the Department of Geography and Regional Research at the University of Vienna. She was University Assistant from 2012 to 2016 and partook in a number of research projects dealing with settlement and demographic development, services of general interest, and demographic ageing. Elisabeth Gruber completed her doctoral studies in 2017. Her thesis dealt with retirement migration. She then acted as project leader for a post-doctoral research project on youth migration.
Her research focuses on spatial population development and its consequences for spatial development. It includes the following topics:
- Spatial planning and spatial development in towns and regions
- Population geography, particularly migration and internal migration
- The impact of demographic decline and emigration, as well as regional development
- Lifestyle migration and retirement migration
As of September 2019, Elisabeth Gruber is research associate at the ISR. She also teaches at the University of Vienna and the University of Applied Sciences, FH Campus Wien.
- Human geography
- Population geography
- Regional development and spatial planning
- Migration research (especially age-specific internal migration)
- (2020): Viewpoint: The COVID-19 pandemic: impetus for place- and people-based infrastructure planning.. In: Town Planning Reviewonline first: -.
- (2020): Wie funktioniert nachhaltige Raumentwicklung in der Peripherie?Eine Exkursionsgruppe auf Spurensuche im Alpenraum. In: Geographische Rundschau6: 54-55.
- (2020): Wohnen in Wien: Aktuelle Entwicklungen. In: Geographie aktuell: 5.
- (2020): What can the housing market teach us? University fieldtrips shed light on current transitions in Vienna’s urban development and housing market strategies. In: Mitteilungen der Österreichischen Geographischen Gesellschaft161: 379-394.
- (2019): Outmigrating youth: A threat to European peripheries?. ÖGfE Policy Brief.