STx includes a number of applications with which one can segment and transcribe signals. All of these applications, however, have additional functionality not necessary for transcription (e.g. parameter extraction), and have not been optimised with transcription in mind. Since transcription and segmentation represents a large part of the time spent on speach analysis, this projects aim is to develop an application which includes everything to need for the job, and is easy to use. The application is included in the speach analysis script SPEXL.
- waveform and spectrogram signal representations
- convenient signal bracketing, zoom and playback functionality
- existing segments displayed in graphs and as list
- direct input of text and metadata
- configurable attributes (segment templates)
- interface to all STx analysis applications
- hotkeys for all essential functions