What is the role of narrative in bi- and multi-lingual early childhood learning in a culturally and linguistically syncretistic setting such as the Andamans?
- examine the crucial role that narrative plays in early childhood learning.
- investigate early childhood bi- and multilingualism within the anthropology of childhood and bi- and multilingualism effect on pre-schoolers' learning.
- compare pre-schoolers' use of two or more languages across different learning contexts, such as in peer, sibling, parent-child, and extended family contexts.
- conduct a cross-cultural comparison of pre-school learners in the Andamans.
- strengthen childhood, and especially early childhood studies, as important domains of anthropological inquiry.