CMS Physics Analysis
CMS Physics Analysis, CMS Tracker
Telephone: +43 (1) 51581 - 2817
- 2020-present: Post-doctoral research at HEPHY, Vienna
- 2016-present: Member of the CMS Collaboration
- 2014-2020: Post-graduation (M.Sc.) + doctoral research (Ph.D.) at TIFR, Mumbai
- 2011-2014: Undergraduation (B.Sc.) at Jadavapur University, Kolkata
To know more, please follow my personal webpage https://sumanchatterjeetifr.wordpress.com/about/.
- Autumn 2019: Tutor for the course 'statistical methods in physics' at TIFR graduate school
- January 2019: Co-coordinator of software session (algorithms used in high energy physics for event generation, reconstruction, and analysis) at 12th SERB school in experimental high energy physics, India
- Autumn 2016: Tutor for the course 'adavnaced electrodynamics' at TIFR graduate school
I am now working primarily on the physics of Higgs boson in the CMS experiment. I am also partly involved in the search for a Higgs boson in minimal supersymmetric standard model.
I spend some of my time in the measurement of silicon sensors for HGCAL, a new calorimeter in the CMS experiment, to be used during HL-LHC.
During my Ph.D., I had extensively worked on jets. I love using jets both for precision tests of standard model and searches for new physics.
In summary, I have my legs in QCD, electroweak physics, and physics beyond standard model.
To know more about my research, please follow my personal webpage https://sumanchatterjeetifr.wordpress.com/research-interests/.