Administration & Services
The administration & services at the GMI ensure smooth day-to-day operations
- The Assistant to the Directors is responsible for organizing seminars, conferences, and the yearly retreat in the Spring and SAB meeting in the Fall.
- The Finance Department is responsible for accounting, financial controlling, and bookkeeping. The grant management team provides information on grant opportunities, assists in preparing proposals, and is responsible for all financial reporting and audits.
- The Human Resources Officer supports staff in all matters relating to employment and living in Austria, including helping new employees organize visas or work permits.
- The Lab Support team provides a range of services to support scientists in their experiments, ranging from offering a central supply of chemicals and consumables, maintenance and repair of lab equipment, and plant pathogen control. They are also responsible for ensuring GMI follows all necessary safety and environmental regulations.
- The Science Support team provides English editing services for grants and manuscripts, translation services, prepares official reporting, and serves as the tech transfer and public information office.