IGNITE is an EU-funded initiative that unites academic institutions and creative industry partners from three countries to create an open-source, online course to be delivered via the #dariahTeach platform.
From April 2018 to July 2020, the IGNITE project will develop a 20 ECTS course entitled ‘Design Thinking & Making in the Arts and Sciences’, divided into 5 ECTS units which can be taken together or independently. It will be taught within Masters programmes at Aarhus (Denmark) and Maastricht (The Netherlands) Universities.
The role of the ACDH-CH is to adapt and further develop the #dariahTeach platform in order to cater for the specific needs of these new online courses. Furthermore, the ACDH-CH will organize and host the a final dissemination event and masterclass in Vienna in Spring 2020.
The consortium includes the following partners:
- Department for Digital Humanities (Maynooth University, Coordinator)
- Center for Teaching Development and Digital Media (Aarhus University)
- School for Communication and Culture (Aarhus University)
- Austrian Academy of Science (OeAW) / Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (ACDH-CH)
- Ideas Lab, Filmby Aarhus (FBA)