… graduated from the University of Graz in translation and interpretation studies. She holds a PhD from the University of Vienna in translation studies with a specialization in the field of terminology and corpus linguistics. She has been working in numerous national and international research projects first as a junior researcher at the Institute for Specialized Communication and Multilingualism of the European Academy Bolzano, and then as a researcher and lecturer at the University of Vienna. She joined the ACDH-CH (then ACDH) in 2015, where she works as a senior scientist at the Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. There she is leading serveral projects: DYLEN, ELEXIS, DYSEN, Reaching Out, DH Course Registry Instruction Videos, Training Digital Scholars: Knowledge Exchange between V4 and Austria, DH Course Registry Sustain. And she initiated the creation oft the ParlAT corpus. Furthermore she is involved in the following projects and initiatives: CLARIN-ERIC, DARIAH-EU, dariahTeach, IGNITE , ACDH Virtual Hackathon, CLARIAH-AT & DHA and she is active in the Austrian Standards Committee 033 "Terminology and other language resources".
She also teaches information technologies and terminology management for translators at the University of Graz and DH methods at the University of Vienna.
Since 2019 she is one of the editors of the Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative.
Academic Awards / Grants
- Award "Wendelin Schmidt-Dengler 2013" for the best PhD thesis
- Grant from the "Österreichische Forschungsgemeinschaft (ÖFG)" for the publication and printing of the PhD thesis
- Grant for CLARIN User Involvement events - Workshop "Translation memories, corpora, termbases: Bridges between translation studies and research infrastructures"
- "Metadatathon: taking the DH Course Registry to the next level" - Grant in the DARIAH Funding Scheme for Working Group Activities 2017/2018
- ELEXIS - European Lexicographic Infrastructure (H2020, grant agreement no. 731015)
- Training Digital Scholars: Knowledge Exchange between V4 and Austria (Visegrad Fund, Project ID #21820079)
- Digital Humanities Course Registry Sustain – Improving Sustainability through Usability (DARIAH Theme funding call 2018/2019)
- Diachronic Dynamics of Lexical Networks - DYLEN (go!Digital Next Generation funding call 2018)
- Virtual Hackathon Series 2019 (CLARIAH-AT funding call 2019)
- Coordination Work DARIAH WG "DH Course Registry" (CLARIAH-AT funding call 2019)
- CLARIN Mobility Grant 2019
- Virtual Hackathon Series 2nd round (CLARIAH-AT funding call 2020)
- Instruction Videos for the DH Course Registry (CLARIAH-AT funding call 2020)
- Reaching out: Dissemination Strategy and Planning for the DH Course Registry (DARIAH Funding Scheme for Working Group Activities 2019/2020)
- Dynamische Sentimentanalyse als emotionaler Kompass für die digitale Medienlandschaft (Projektförderung "Digitaler Humanismus" Stadt Wien 2019)
Her research interests include digital language resources and technologies, especially terminological resources and corpora and the encoding of parliamentary data. Further research interrests are terminological research, variational linguistics,workflow research, translation studies, and the teaching of DH technologies and methods.