The aim of the research unit is to research the Austrian and Central European literary and textual cultural heritage using philological as well as digital methods and tools. Its central tasks are the creation and philological indexing of editions, periodicals, corpora, and text collections as well as the application and further development of digital methods for their research. A particular concern is the free, public availability of scientifically prepared materials, research data and findings.
The research unit literary and text studies contains, among others
- the working group Austrian Corpora and Editions (ACE)
- Projects around the Wien[n]erische Diarium
- Projects for the online edition of Arthur Schnitzler's literary correspondences
- Project for the digital edition of W. H. Auden's letters to Stella Musulin
- Activities around the Vienna Time Machine