Training Digital Scholars
Knowledge Exchange between V4 and Austria
In the project ‘Training Digital Scholars: Knowledge Exchange between V4 and Austria’ the training of scholars in Digital Humanities will be supported and the knowledge exchange between the Visegrad countries - the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia - and Austria will be fostered. The project is funded by a Visegrad Fund grant.
In the project, three international training schools will be organized in Graz, Prague and Budapest between 2019 and 2020.
The training schools cover the following topics
- Gentle Introduction to Natural Language Processing and Corpus Linguistics
- Linked Data and the Semantic Web for Humanities Research
- Digital Philology
Alongside the on-site international training schools, digital training material will be developed and made available via the teaching platform #dariahTeach.
The ACDH is involved in the organization of the first training school – the Spring School LiSeH 2019 on ‘Linked Data and the Semantic Web for Humanities Research’ in Graz – together with the ZIM (University of Graz) and is responsible for the development of online training material regarding linked data and semantic web technologies.
The project consortium includes the following institutions:
- Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics
and PhysicsLibrary of the Czech Academy of Sciences (LCAS)
- Institute of Literary Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of Polish Academy of Sciences,
Supercomputing & Networking Center
- University of Graz
- Institute of Ethnology, Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Ľudovít Štúr Institute of Linguistics, Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Austrian Academy of Sciences (OEAW)