Kompetenznetzwerk Digitale Edition
Editions—the opening up and making available of sources—constitute the core foundation of the majority of humanities disciplines. Digital editions are one of the work areas of digital humanities, which rely on computer-assisted methods to develop, research and promote scientifically solid source text publications.
The Kompetenznetzwerk Digitale Edition/Competency Network Digital Edition (KONDE) is a project funded by the Higher Education Area Infrastructure Fond (HRSM) of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW). Its goal is to establish and develop a research infrastructure for digital editions. It is therefore a measure to inaugurate a research community in Austria and beyond.
The project has the following goals:
- Development of a best practice solution for a digital editions publication platform with a close connection to long term archiving repositories
- Modelling of a content-specific and strategic concept that will facilitate pooling competencies and building a national digital infrastructure for editing projects
- Definition of common workflows and standards
- Development of prototypes and advancement of tools for the processing of digital (textual) material
- Installation and establishment of a corresponding training infrastructure
KONDE is led by the Center for Information Modelling of the University of Graz and brings together seven partner institutions from all over Austria. The ACDH will mainly be involved in and contribute to the development of workflows and technical solutions.