Design Thinking and Making in the Arts and Sciences
IGNITE is an EU-funded initiative that unites academic institutions and creative industry partners from three countries to create an open-source, online course to be delivered via the #dariahTeach platform.
From April 2018 to July 2020, the IGNITE project will develop a 20 ECTS course entitled ‘Design Thinking & Making in the Arts and Sciences’, divided into 5 ECTS units which can be taken together or independently. It will be taught within Masters programmes at Aarhus (Denmark) and Maastricht (The Netherlands) Universities.
The role of the ACDH is to adapt and further develop the #dariahTeach platform in order to cater for the specific needs of these new online courses. Furthermore the ACDH will organize and host the a final dissemination event and masterclass in Vienna in Spring 2020.
The consortium includes the following partners:
- Department for Digital Humanities (Maynooth University, Coordinator)
- Center for Teaching Development and Digital Media (Aarhus University)
- School for Communication and Culture (Aarhus University)
- Austrian Academy of Science (OeAW) / Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities (ACDH-OeAW)
- Ideas Lab, Filmby Aarhus (FBA)