Research Group: Health and Mortality
Job Title: Research Scientist
Phone: +43 1 515 81 7726
Fax: +43 1 515 81 7730
- PhD in Sociology at the University of Vienna
- M.A. in Sociology at the University of Vienna
- B.A. in Japanese Studies at the University of Vienna
- Research Scientist at the Institute of Demography, Austrian Academy of Sciences (since 2008)
- Research Assistant and Lecturing Tutor at the Institute of Sociology, University of Vienna
- Research Assistant at the University of Medicine in Vienna
- Intern at the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Health Promotion Research
- Mortality, Morbidity and Health
- Ageing and Assistive Technology
- Intercultural and interdisciplinary Research Interests with special emphasis on Japan
- Education and Fertility
- Triangulation of Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- Living independently at Home – A Feasibility Study about Assistive Technology for the Elderly in Europe based on Insights from Japan
- The Gender Gap in Life Expectancy: a Methodological Triangulation for Europe with Special Emphasis on Austria
- Flandorfer, Priska and Katrin Fliegenschnee (2010): Education and health. Theoretical considerations based on a qualitative Grounded Theory study. Vienna Yearbook of Population Research 2010: in press
- Flandorfer, Priska and Katrin Fliegenschnee (forthcoming): The gender gap in life expectancy in Austria. Theoretical considerations based on a qualitative Grounded Theory study. Journal of Public Health.
- Flandorfer, Priska; Wegner, Christian; Buber, Isabella (under review): Gender roles and smoking behaviour. Submitted to the Journal European Sociological Review.
- Flandorfer, Priska (2010): Der Berufseinstieg und die Lebenswelt von SozialwissenschaftlerInnen im Kontext der Transformationen des Erwerbssystems. [Career entry and life world of graduates of the Social Sciences in the context of the transformations of the employment system.] Munich: GRIN Verlag
- Flandorfer, Priska; Wegner, Christian; Buber, Isabella (2010): Gender roles and smoking behaviour. VID Working Paper 7. Vienna Institute of Demography.
- Testa, Maria Rita and Priska Flandorfer (2009): Beschäftigung, Arbeitslosigkeit und Kinderwunsch. [Occupation, unemployment and the desire to have children.] In Buber, I. und N. Neuwirth (ed.): Familienentwicklung in Österreich. Erste Ergebnisse des „Generations and Gender Survey (GGS) 2008/09. Vienna: Policy paper.
- Flandorfer, Priska and Christian Wegner: Gender roles and smoking behaviour. European Population Conference 2010. Vienna, Austria: September 2010.
- Flandorfer, Priska: Gender specific health behaviour. Perceived gender roles and how they affect women’s and men’s health behaviour. XVII ISA World Congress of Sociology 2010. Gothenburg, Sweden: July 2010.
- Flandorfer, Priska and Christian Wegner: Gender role orientation and smoking behaviour. Vienna Institute of Demography. Vienna, Austria: April 2010.
- Lautner, Priska: Intercultural communication. EAJS European Association of Japanese Studies Conference. Vienna, Austria: June 2005.
- Education and Demography Conference. Vienna, Austria: November/December 2009: Education and Health. Theoretical considerations.
- 6th World Congress on Men’s Health WCMH. Vienna, Austria: October 2009: Sociological issues and men’s health: perceived gender roles and how they affect men’s health behaviour.
- IUSSP International Population Conference. Marrakech, Morocco: September/October 2009: Theoretical ideas about the gender gap in life expectancy in Austria.