Maria Rita Testa
Research Group: Comparative European Demography
Job Title: Senior Research Scientist
Phone: +43 1 515 81 7708
Project: Reproductive decision-making and human capital - www.fertilityeducation.at
2000 PhD in Demography, University of Florence, Italy.
1995 Laurea cum laude in Political Sciences, “Sapienza” University of Rome, Italy.
Since 2014 Senior research scientist at Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria.
Since 2001 Research scientist at Vienna Institute of Demography of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria.
1999-2001 Assistant professor at the Department of Statistics, University of Milan-Bicocca, Italy.
1997-1999 Doctoral student at the Department of Statistics »Giuseppe Parenti«, University of Florence, Italy.
- 1995-1997 Research assistant at the Department of Quantitative Methods for the Social Sciences, University of Rome »La Sapienza«, Italy.
Reproductive decision-making and fertility
Panel data analysis
Selected Publications (6 most important)
- Testa, Maria Rita and Stuart Basten. 2014. Certainty of meeting fertility intentions declines in Europe during the ‘Great Recession’. Demographic Research 31(23): 687-734. more
- Testa, Maria Rita, Laura Cavalli and Alessandro Rosina. 2014. The effect of couple disagreement about child-timing intentions: a parity-specific approach. Population and Development Review 40(1):31-53.
- Testa, Maria Rita. 2014. On the positive correlation between education and fertility intentions in Europe: Individual- and country-level evidence. Advances in Life Course Research, 21: 28-42. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1040260814000069 )
- Billari Francesco C., Dimiter Philipov and Maria Rita Testa. 2009. Attitudes, norms, and perceived behavioural control: explaining fertility intentions in Bulgaria. European Journal of Population. 25(4): 439 – 465.
- Lutz, Wolfgang, Testa, Maria Rita, and Dustin Penn. 2006. Population density is a key factor in declining human fertility. Population and Environment 28: 69-81. Published online on March 20, 2007.
- Goldstein, Joshua R., Wolfgang Lutz and Maria Rita Testa. 2003. The emergence of sub-replacement family size ideals in Europe. Population Research and Policy Review. 22 (5-6): 479-496.