Research Group: Health and Mortality
Job Title: Research Group Leader
- 1993-1998 Studies in Geography, Demography, and Social Planning at the University of Bamberg, Germany
- 1998 Diploma in Geography at the Otto Friedrich University of Bamberg
- 2004 Dr. rer. pol. in Demography at the University of Rostock, Germany
- Since 2008 at VID
- 2004-2008 Junior-Professor for Demography and its Applications at the University of Rostock, Germany
- 2002-2004 Research Scientist at the Federal Institute for Population Research in Wiesbaden, Germany
- 2001-2002 Doctoral Student at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research in Rostock, Department of Ageing and Longevity
- 1998-2001 Doctoral Student at the University of Rostock, Germany
- Differentials in Health and Mortality
- Formal Demography
- Indirect Demographic Estimation
- Luy, Marc; Di Giulio, Paola; Caselli, Graziella, 2011: “Differences in life expectancy by education and occupation in Italy, 1980-94: indirect estimates from maternal and paternal orphanhood”, Population Studies 65(2): 137-155.
- Luy, Marc; Wegner, Christian; Lutz, Wolfgang, 2011: “Adult mortality in Europe“, in Rogers, R. G.; Crimmins, E. M. (eds.): International handbook of adult mortality, Dordrecht, Springer: 49-81.
- Luy, Marc, 2010: “Tempo effects and their relevance in demographic analysis”, Comparative Population Studies—Zeitschrift für Bevölkerungswissenschaft 35(3): 415-446.
- Luy, Marc; Wegner, Christian, 2009: “Conventional versus tempo-adjusted life expectancy: which is the more appropriate measure for period mortality?”, Genus 65(2), 1-28.
- Luy, Marc, 2009: “Unnatural deaths among nuns and monks: the biological force behind male external cause mortality”, Journal of Biosocial Science 41(6): 831-844.
- Luy, Marc, 2003: „Causes of Male Excess Mortality: Insights from Cloistered Populations“, Population and Development Review 29 (4): 647-676.