Research Group: Population Economics
Job Title: Researcher
- Ph.D. in Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI, U.S.A., May 2005
- M.A. in Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI, U.S.A. in 2001
- B.A. in Economics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea in 1999
- Since July 2004 Research scientist at the Vienna Institute of Demography of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
- 2000-2003: Teaching Assistant, Department of Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI, U.S.A.
- 1999: Industry Analyst, Hanvit Securities Corporation, Seoul, Korea
- detailed CV
- Development Economomics
- Economic Demography
- Applied Econometrics
- Does Fertility Decrease the Welfare of Households? An Analysis of Poverty
Dynamics and Fertility in Indonesia, with H. Engelhardt, and A. Prskawetz,
Vienna Institute of Demography Working Paper 06/2005.
- Poverty and fertility in developing countries: a comparative analysis for
Albania, Ethiopia, Indonesia and Vietnam, with A. Aassve, H. Engelhardt, F.
Francavilla, A. Kedir, F. Mealli, L. Mencarini, S. Pudney, and A. Prskawetz,
Institute for Social & Economic Research working paper 2005-013. University of Essex, 2005.7
- Women’s Education in the Fertility Transition: An Analysis of the Second Birth Interval in Indonesia, memeo, Brown University, 2003.
- Learning by Doing and Learning from Others in Contraceptive Technology,
Vienna Institute of Demography Working Paper 04/2005.
- Testing for Superior Predictive Ability using Ox: A Manual for SPA for Ox,
with P. Hansen and A. Lunde, 2003.2