All projects reports are freely and publicly available
The ITA publishes all research results not only in scientific articles, but at first in project reports. These are written in English or in German, depending on whether they stem from an international or a national project; abstracts are always available in both languages. All project reports are published on EPUB-OEAW.
ISSN (print): 1819-1320 – ISSN (online): 1818-6556
ITA project reports in english language:
- Skjølsvold, Tomas Moe; Ryghaug, Marianne; Throndsen, William; Christensen, Toke Haunstrup; Friis, Freja et al. [..] (2016) Studying smart energy solutions for small to medium consumers (Ko-AutorInnen des ITA: Michael Ornetzeder, Tanja Sinozic, Stefan Strauß). Bericht-Nr. Deliverable D1; Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Danish Building Research Institute, Institute of Technology Assessment (Austria):.
- EPTA [Hrsg.], (2016) The Future of Labour in the Digital Era. Ubiquitous Computing, Virtual Platforms, and Real-time Production. Vienna; im Auftrag von: European Parliamentary Technology Assessment (EPTA).
Digitalization, automation and increasing robotisation in health care, industry and beyond, coupled with the advent of platform-based competitive mediation of work (crowdworking) – all impact on the future of work and labour. The associated challenges to the labour market, working conditions, wages, and the blurring boundary between private and professional life are the topic of intensive political and societal debate in many countries. Just take the conflicts surrounding Uber and AirBnB and their entry to traditional markets, as well as the vision of the so-called Internet of Things or cyber-physical systems, as the most prominent issues. Technology assessment (TA) always tries to be at the forefront of such debates. It is therefore not surprising that the member institutions of the European Parliamentary Technology Assessment (EPTA) network have already devoted a number of projects on labour issues related to digitalisation. The Annual EPTA Conference 2016 “The future of labour in the digital era: Ubiquitous computing, virtual platforms and real-time production” was thus devoted to this timely and exciting topic. This report continues a series of similar reports compiled by the respective presidency of the EPTA network. As in previous years, it is a collection of contributions written from the perspectives of all full and associate members of EPTA. This report also includes a general introduction and a synthesis that gives the reader a compact summary of the state-of-the-art in the EPTA countries. The report was originally intended to inform the participants of the Annual EPTA Conference held in the Austrian Parliament in Vienna on 21st October 2016. After the conference it has been amended to reflect the lively debates and to include the preliminary results of the conference debates.
Publisher: EPTA – European Parliamentary Technology Assessment
Published: Vienna; November 2016
Editor: Michael Nentwich
Authors: Tanja Sinozic, Michael Nantwich, Walter Peissl, Georg Aichholzer & Johann Čas
- Bauer, Anja; Bogner, Alexander; Torgersen, Helge (2016) Capturing the Public Imagination: Input to SYNENERGENE Agendas. Third report for the EU-FP7 project SYNENERGENE. Bericht-Nr. Deliverable 2.8;.
- Kosow, Hannah; Dreyer, Marion; Bauer, Anja; Chonkova, Blagovesta (2016) Methodology Citizen Panels, Deliverable D4.1 for the EU-project PROSO - Promoting Societal Engagement under the terms of RRI. Institut für Technikfolgen-Abschätzung (ITA): Vienna.
- Bauer, Anja; Bogner, Alexander; Fuchs, Daniela (2016) Report on the expert workshop “Contemporary experiences with societal engagement under the terms of RRI“, Deliverable D2.1 for the EU-project PROSO - Promoting Societal Engagement under the terms of RRI. Institut für Technikfolgen-Abschätzung (ITA): Vienna.
- Bauer, Anja; Bogner, Alexander; Fuchs, Daniela (2016) Societal engagement under the terms of RRI, Deliverable D2.2 for the EU-project PROSO - Promoting Societal Engagement under the terms of RRI. Institut für Technikfolgen-Abschätzung (ITA): Vienna.
- Gudowsky, Niklas; Bechtold, Ulrike; Peissl, Walter (2016) National Citizen Vision Workshop. National Report on Austria – WP1 for the EU-project CIMULACT – Citizen and Multi-Actor Consultation on Horizon 2020. Institut für Technikfolgen-Abschätzung (ITA): Vienna.
- Mager, Astrid (2015) Glocal Search – Search technology at the intersection of global capitalism and local socio-political cultures: Final Report. ITA/ÖAW: Wien; im Auftrag von: ÖNB.
- Bauer, Anja; Bogner, Alexander; Torgersen, Helge (2015) Capturing the Public Imagination: In-depth Analysis of Participatory SYNENERGENE Actions. Second interim report for the EU-FP7 project SYNENERGENE. Bericht-Nr. Deliverable 2.6;.
- Aichholzer, Georg; Rhomberg, Wolfram; Gudowsky, Niklas; Saurwein, Florian; Weber, Matthias (2015) Industry 4.0. Background Paper on the pilot project 'Industry 4.0. Foresight & Technology Assessment on the social dimension of the next industrial revolution'. Bericht-Nr. ITA-AIT-1en; Vienna; im Auftrag von: Parliamentary Administration.